Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cooling out in NC


Vaughn (with his red cheeks) and Da-Da
We FINALLY cooled off a little in NC. I don't know if it had anything to do with Hurricane Earl in the gulf, all I know is that we are thankful! We spent a lot of time out on the deck this weekend enjoying the shade and breeze.
Vaughn is really starting to vocalize himself lately. While happily smiling and screaming is disturbing in a restaurant...most other times, we welcome the babble. He also has a cute little huh-huh when he sees something that he is happy about. It's like his little baby chuckle. I included this video so you can hear some of the chatter that comes out of his mouth. We were at Borders and Vaughn was all too happy to get out of the stroller to walk around. A young girl was looking for a playmate and Vaughn loved watching her move the beads on the wooden and wire toy thingy. Why is it they always have these things in doctors offices and public places where you know they never get cleaned? I just know that I rubbed a wet wipe over his hands as we left. Notice I turned the video off once I realized he was trying to bite one of the beads. Gross. It was then time to leave!
HAPPY LABOR DAY!


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that he's walking already!! Now I bet you really have to keep an eye on him. Kajsa had eczema (or something like it) on her left cheek and chin for 2-3 months after she was born. The skin felt kind of rough and it often turned hot and red. She seems to have grown out of it because I haven't noticed it in a while.

    We linked to you on her blog. Love yours, keep it up!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and videos of my little cousin. I hope you all are doing terrific.

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete